Sunday, February 20, 2005

You must have been a beautiful baby!

So, I just saw Million Dollar Baby. Good movie, but is Hillary Swank really going to win for that?

Don't get me wrong, she was good in the role, but the oscar? I don't think so. Annette Benning SO deserves it. Being Julia was one of the most delightful films of the year. Maybe only second to Finding Neverland.

Speaking of, Kate Winslet didn't get nominated for that film and she should have. She deserves the oscar before Swank for these performances.

But still, I suppose Swank will win. Whenever an actress plays a role that requires her to get a little dirty, a little gritty and cry out of pure misery, they usually win.

Charlize Theron proved she could really act behind that beautiful face of hers, but I didn't think she should have won either for Monster. I found the role lacked depth. It required lots that we hadn't seen from her before, but the character didn't seem to grow or change. Diane Keaton deserved to win last year. Something's Gotta Give was wonderful because of her. (Certainly not Jack Nicholson!)

No comments: