Sunday, February 10, 2008

February is Not Kind

Boy, I was being really positive and hopefull in January. I set an ambitious goal, and even made some great strides in achiving it.

Then came February. Things may not have been all so rosy after holidays as I thought and the balloon payment premature. Money is super tight right now. Crazy so.

First of all, I switched phone providers. That will cost me an extra $200 bucks right there this month. I had about $200 in my Amex Savings that I was hoping would go to the CCs, but it is now going to my bank account to get me through to payday on Friday.

And, I am basically paying for cell phone service twice this month on budget. And that budget just when up $10! We shall see if Sprint, who screwed up my account a few months ago, doesn't also ask for more money as they might think I had an "early termination." They better not is all I am saying!

Also, it looks like any "found money" will also go to off set the new phone service. I have no lesson this week, but unlike last month, it will not go to the CCs. I also have some rolled change that might have to be sucked into the void known as Chase Checking. I may make that $11 payment for no other reason than to get below the $15,000 mark though. Just to keep hope alive.

On the up side, Verizon is a much better service for me. I can text certain coworkers, whom I text a lot, for free, and talk to them for free. As is true with any Verizon customer. And, most importantly, Verizon seems to be the only service with a tower aimed at my apartment. Sprint was bad, and according to my I-Phone buddies, AT&T isn't so hot either.

Total Debt: $15,011
2008 goal Attained: $489 (of $5,500)

No comments: