Thursday, September 22, 2005

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high!

I can not believe that I just taped my windows. I JUST TAPED MY WINDOWS!

I never thought I would do that.

Another problem of a theological one. How do you pray that the hurricane will continue east with out wishing harm on those who live there? I suppose you can't.

So, I just pray that where ever hurricane Rita goes, anyone in its path is kept safe and that whatever blows over my head, I am kept safe as well.

I am riding the storm out. Some neighbors are here as well. I had an offer to go to my brother's and ride it out with them as well as to College Stataion, which is farther inland.

I don't think I get to College Station any time soon. Plus, I really do feel safer in Houston right now. All my needs, assuming availability, are in walking distance. Hospital, food stores and pharmacies. Plus, if I do have to make a run for it, I know how to get out from here. I would be totally lost at my brother's.

Wish me luck and safety as we go!

5 comments:

lemming said...

WTF??!!

get thee to College Station, now!!!!

Drewster said...

There isn't really a way to get to College Station right now. All the evacuation routes are in grid lock.

Bernerd (who I work with at the theater) and her husband tried to head out to Dallas this morning. She is pregnant and due in three weeks. They wanted to be somewhere less hectic in case she delivered early. They diverted to his family in Spring ( a suburb) when they couldn't get moving. The 40 minute drive took 4 hours.

Based on all models I have seen, I don't think College Station would be much better than where I am. I really like the idea that I could drag my storm battered body to the emergency room if I needed. People who are staying know who is here and not. All will be okay, I am certain of it. Deep inside, that is what I keep hearing.

tommyspoon said...

Do you have plenty of beer at least?

Keep your chin up!

Drewster said...

Sadly, bear (and wine) would make me horribly sick, but I have plenty of coke (cola that is) and as I think of it, a decent amount of rum ...

Drewster said...

That's beer, not bear. No, I haven't started drinking yet!