Friday, September 23, 2005

Blow High! Blow Low!

Who new Carousel would have such apt song lyrics!

Thankfully, for now, Rita has turned more to the east and the center of Houston is currently not in the cone of probability. I think this means tropical storm conditions, and from the clean side of the storm too. This is good. I pray for the people who now are getting the storm as well as continue to pray that where ever it lands, it lessens before landfall, lessens quickly when it does and keeps moving through. No stalling! Stalling and turnarounds created the conditions where I flooded.

I will spend the day checking on the weather and watching Lost on DVD. I will move on to a LOTR marathon at some point. With the annoying republican who doesn't like loud movies gone, I can enjoy the surround sound!!

Should the winds get bad and scary, I am pretty prepped. I have plenty of water. I have a couple of used bottles refilled and in the freezer as well as stock piling ice.

One radio that plugs in and one radio that has batteries. Flashlights in the living room and bathroom and a yellow flashlight by my bed that was sent to me by the Queen of Florida. I also have candles in each location.

Before I go to bed I will try to fill the tub. There is a worry that if we lose power, water won't flow. I only just learned that the water in the tub was for toilet flushing!

3 comments:

lemming said...

Do you have batteries for the radio? This is my classic mistake - inevitably I am one battery short.

Anonymous said...

annoying republican? do tell!!!

~eva

Anonymous said...

Hi Drewster

Article

This public service announcement is for Drewster and the public service is to enable you to get out of the rat race with just a little work - and an outstanding opportunity that comes along just once in a lifetime!

Just released, this brand new, no competition anywhere on the internet, Internet Business is designed to enable you to make small OR huge income changes in your life.

Don’t wait another moment – visit New Home Based Business and start making changes NOW!

While you’re at it, set a few goals for next year by visiting Personal Goal Setting and learn how to make 2006 the BEST year ever.

Here’s to your New Years Resolutions !