Saturday, September 24, 2005

There's Got to Be a Morning After

It is now just after 8am. Overnight I don't know that I got a lot of rain, but apparently enough wind to blow down a small, decorative, tropical fruit tree. This tree always bothered me a little any way. They have popped up around the property and they seemed to come out of nowhere. The "fruit" is pod like. Almost like real chubby, oversized bananas. Who is to say they aren't alien in origin, waiting to snatch our bodeis and take our places?

I still have power, which you think may be obvious from my posting. Of course, my laptop is fully charged, so I could be using that, but I am not. Tower computer is on.

I had cable until about 7am when it went out just before a local press conference. I pulled out the rabbit ears and now have Channel 11, the CBS affiliate. All affiliates in Houston are dim chicken littles, but 11 is the worst. Oh well ...

No comments: