Thursday, March 31, 2005

Your opinions

I am in the market for a new car! I am leaning heavily towards the TOYOTA MATRIX in cosmic blue.

So, I have some questions for you.

1) To power or not to power? I avoided a power package (windows, locks, etc.) in the past because if they DO break, they are expensive to fix. But then, I think how nice it will be to roll down all the windows when the weather is nice to save on A/C and gas. And yes, I know the car is less aerodynamic, but in the city, I would bet there is gas savings there as opposed to the highway.

2) Does anyone know what the difference between speed control and cruise control is? Vladimir, the Russian Toyota Sales Guy, said they were the same thing, but the price indicates they are not. Obviously speed control is missing something that makes it cheaper. But what?

Thanks!

2 comments:

Hugh said...

(1) Skip the power windows.

(2) The web site says cruise control, I think Vladimir has had one too many Stolis.

lemming said...

I'm with Hugh - the power windows and locks also cut down on your gas mileage, and you need every bit you can get.

I've never owned a car with CC and can't say as I've missed it.