Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Wake me when its over!

What a horrible couple of weeks I have had! Nothing real pithy to say either.

1) Crew come and go so quickly here!

The theater I work for has a show opening this week. Last week was tech. Getting crew for the show as been a farce. Sound Borad ops have been a revolving door, which ends up with me doing it. AH! Well, I can use the money for a down payment ... a small down payment on a car ... teeny tiny, but a payment none the less.

2) Stoppard by any other name wouldn't smell like Stoppard.

I auditioned for a Stoppard piece this last week too. I didn't get cast. Usually I take a day, MAYbe two, to mope about that and move on. This one hit me hard and made me go through the serveral stages of actor denial. The director is a fool, the other actors suck, I suck, why put myself through this, I should quit, oh look, something shiny! (i.e another play I can audition for!)

I think the main reasons were, A) I was just exhusted. I dosed through Robots on Sunday. I never sleep in movies. B) Ever since I saw Arcadia, I have wanted to do a Stoppard. Any Stoppard. I would be good in it, I know!

Anyway, that week is over and life moves on. I am not so depressed and unhappy as I was, though recovery on this one is slow, but I am getting some sleep and working a children's show. And, a dear and necessary co-worker, whom I shall refer to as The Brain, is returning next week from a sojurn up North. 4 weeks, and she has been missed!!

The Brain? Well, I sometimes think of her as the Brain to my Pinky. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

No comments: