Thursday, March 29, 2007

Retail Revenge

Just over two weeks ago I bought some new swim trunks and a pair of shorts from Target for my Puerto Rican Vacation.

10 days later, just after my return from PR, I was in Target and saw that the items were on sale.

5 days after that, I returned with my receipts for a price reduction.

Denied!

Reason number 1, the sale was over. I kind of get that. It was Sunday and the sale ended the day before, on Saturday. I just didn't move fast enough.

Reason number 2, something to do with the receipt, the sale and 14 days. I don't know if the receipt was 15 days old and not eligible for a price break, or if they meant the sale had to be within 14 days of the purchase (um, which it was) or what, but denial none the less.

Regardless, the fact that I was denied really annoyed me. I mean, why not give me the reduction? The items were still returnable after all. The receipt didn't expire for that until June.

To satisfy my annoyance, I took the items back today for a full refund citing ill fit as the reason. This was kind of true for the swim trunks, and if I really commit to losing 20lbs., may soon be the case for the shorts (though the smaller size did compete with bone structure as well as fleshy parts). I think the price break would have been like $10. The refund was $35 plus tax. How about that for a price reduction?

I work in customer service. I know there are rules to follow. Heck, I create some of the rules, but if you can cut the customer a break without sweating it, you do. That creates good will.

As for the shorts? I will just wait for them to go on sale again...

1 comment:

lemming said...

I bought a bathing suit today - after a long winter of hiding under sweaters, I am confronted with the evil truth. Ugh. Whatever happened to my metabolism?

Anne Frank was deeply powerful, but I agree that it does start to wear on your optimistic side after a time.