Saturday, March 17, 2007

Como se llama?

So, I am on vacation in sunny Puerto Rico and on Blogger everything is in Spanish. Not my posts. I am not typing in English and magically watching my words show up in Spanish, but all the headings and titles and such are in Spanish.

Having lived most of my life and spent more than half my education in Texas, I have studied Spanish a little. So I can see that "nueva entrada" means new entry and "Anonimo dijo" means Anonymous Says. (Note that the first O in Anonimo should have an accent)

The odd thing is, the magic of computers knows that I am in a mostly Spanish speaking country, but it must remember that my blog was created in the USA. My blog page is almost entirely in English. Just the blue bar at the top contains foriegn words. The rest of the Blogger created items are English. Posting dates, monthly archives etc.

!Muy extraño!

What's more, there isn't an option to change to English that I can find. It is an American territory. There are some only English speaking people living here. They should have that option, don't you think?

I will now publicar instead of guardar como borrador. I think I will achieve the correct result...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janel said...

"...sunny Puerto Rico" blah, blah, blah. And you didn't bring back any cabana boys for me! (I'm not bitter or anything.)