Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Summer Movie Frenzy

In response to Chris Wheeler's Comment: I am sorry you didn't find it as uplifting as I did. I will agree on this point, if Brosnon releases an album, I will definitely NOT be in line for it. He was definitely the weakest, though he did fair better on "I Do, I Do". Dancing Queen was a highlight, but I am also a fan of Honey, Honey.

Regarding the other films you mentioned, I agree, over all, Iron Man and Dark Knight rule. I might even say, for me, that Iron Man wins the summer in the end, even if DK box office is going to be the bench mark for summers to come.

I am looking forward to the new Mummy. I hope it measures up. I am a fan of Brendan Frazer (some even say I look like him (I wish!)). I saw Journey to the Center of the Earth which was fine, and a fun ride, but not a must see.

And I just saw the X-Files. Thought it was great. And I think it is good for the fan and the newbie. If you are a fan, you know all about Mulder and Scully and their relationship, but there is enough in the film that you understand what is going on between them if you haven't seen the show. The main plot is completely contained in the movie though, so if you don't care about their drama, that was still an interesting story to follow. I thought anyway.

But then I am easy.

Chris, is your wife available for lunch? I think we would have a blast!

No comments: