Friday, August 08, 2008

Poachers Will Be Shot On Sight!

It is pre-production week for our first show of the season. The Stage Manager is already working and we are 4 days from starting rehearsals.

Another production manager from another theater calls my SM and offers him a job that starts 2.5 weeks into my production. She steals my SM from me with a higher paying contract.

Foul!

Now I know, with Equity rules, I know we are supposed to let people go for more remunerative employ. I am not upset with my SM. I can't blame him for wanting to take the other job with gas and school loans and all else these days.

But the PM from Theater X? I DO blame her! She knowingly enticed the SM away days before rehearsal. I don't care how desperate she was for a good SM, she had to know that she was creating a desperate situation for me! Now I am scrambling for an SM to take over the show during technical rehearsals.

Red Card! You are outta here!

No comments: