Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

So, despite last night's festivities at the Karaoke bar, I managed to get up and go to church today.

Being Easter Sunday it was full, and I had to take a seat in the back. The rector giving the sermon doesn't seem to use the mic when she is facing the congregation. Good for her! Mics are over used these days, but it can cause some interesting affects.

As my ears are not the greatest, and as I was sitting in the back, I could have sworn she said, during the sermon, that after rising from the dead, Jesus greeted his disciples at baseball!

It only took moment for my brain to fully translate that it was his disciples and faithful, but during that moment I had time to think, "What! They were playing baseball? What is she talking .... Oh! Faithful." I felt like I was reliving The Life of Brian and the Sermon on the Mount. "BLessed are the cheese makers?"

Of course, with 12 disciples, Jesus did have more than enough to field a team. I wonder what they would have called themselves....

3 comments:

Janel said...

You weren't the only one who was able to drag their butt to church after a wild party and a few scant hours of sleep.

I did it, but it was painful.

MiL-ly said...

Ahh, to be young again and party on Saturday night. Some of us effectively moved into church on Maundy Thursday and emerged to the light of day after 12 noon on Easter. Some of us also went into 3 hour rehearsals for the chorus of Honegger's "King David" on Monday.

That left some of us too exhausted to even think the word "party."

AND, Dear Friend, a belated happy birthday. Remember that 40 is the new 30!

Anonymous said...

I take exception to Witchcat's comment. Forty is NOT the new thirty.

Fifty is.