Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Piper is Being Paid

Dear Readers,

I am sorry that I have not been keeping you up to date since my birthday. I have been very lazy and catching up on Battlestar Galactica. I am all caught up, but also paying the debt!

Efforts made include a couple of party gigs ($200), remainder of March Payments ($50) and April Payments ($141).

I am no longer posting my goal. I don't think it is realistic anymore. I think if I break $12,000 this year, we will be doing good. An interest rate just went up, which will slow me down a bit by either paying it, or switching to a new rate. Switching will garner a fee, but if it can be a locked in rate, I will defintely take it.

Total Debt: $14420

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drew, you should continue posting progress towards your goal. If you don't, it becomes too easy to keep backsliding. By posting the goal, you enlist your natural guilt mechanism to keep you in motion on the debt reduction project. (See! Guilt is good for something!)

How are you planning to apply your tax rebate check? This will be a great opportunity to throw a big chunk of money at the credit card debt.

Drewster said...

Yes it would, but not all of it will go to that end.

Some will go to the debt, but some will go to pay some upcoming bills and a little bit will be used per Mr. Bush's request. It would be un-American if I didn't spend just a little on the economy...