Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Under The Tuscan Sun

Under the Tuscan Sun (Widescreen Edition) was released a few years back, and I re-watched it just this weekend. It is one of the most charming movies released in recent times.

Diane Lane is just perfect in this film, and the Tuscan country side is nothing to sneeze at. It is breathtaking. Italy is the true star of this film.

UTTS is a wonderful feel good movie. Something that is bound to cheer you up when you are feeling down, and long for a European vacation. One may not be able to *69 Italy, but when can we go?

The copy I have is a recent purchase. I originally bought it as a Secret Santa gift for a friend, but since she already had it, I kept it for myself. Since the gift was already bought and paid for, I will buy it from myself and attribute the $10 towards my goal for the year. For lack of a better term, I am going to call this "found money." Money I will send to my credit cards that isn't budgeted or earned through work.

I also saw There Will Be Blood for free this week. That would normally cost $9.00. I will pay myself for that as well.

Total Debt: $15,481
Goal Attained: $19

3 comments:

Hugh said...

Diane Lane is the older adult male's Kate Winslet, who is the younger adult male's Kate Winslet, who is the adolescent's Claire Danes, who is the pre-teen's Gina from Sesame Street.

Anonymous said...

Drew:
Your crediting yourself $19 toward paying off your credit card debt because you saw two movies for free seems disingenuous at best. The way to pay off your cards is to send checks to the credit card company. Then, when they send you a new statement, you can consider the difference between the old balance and the new to be true debt reduction.

How many open accounts do you have? You may want to look up Dave Ramsey's snowball method of paying them down.

I thought UTTS was an okay movie (that had NOTHING to do with the book on which it was ostensibly based. Diane Lane, however...she's all that and a bag of chips! I mean, holy cow! I think Diane Lane is the older adult male's Jessica Biel.

Drewster said...

Chris,
I think you misunderstand. I sent $19 (added to this month's payment which is already included in the initial goal, fyi).

Since I saw the film for free, I sent the money I would have paid to see it to the CC company. You see, because it is going to be up for a lot of Oscars, I would have most likely spent anyway. Since I saw it for free, "paid myself" for the film. Likewise, UTTS was a DVD I would have eventually bought for myself. I simply paid for it twice. Once to Amazon for a gift and once again to "myself" when the gift was no longer needed.

You see, my monthly budget for paying these bills will never be enough. I will have to chip away at it whenever I can. Fortunately, with on-line bill pay, I can do this weekly!