Saturday, September 02, 2006

No more goody goody two shoes ...

Things have just been crazy this week. Work all day, work all night. Thursday was especially bad.

Things were crazy in the office. The phone was ringing off the hook with all kinds of "difficult" customers. Some were rude, others just has difficult orders to fill, and it just kept coming.

So this started me kind of down when I got to rehearsal, and it was a long, gotta get through it, exhausting night.

During the show, I bum a cigarette off another character. This cigarette happened to come home with me. One unexpected thought I had all evening was I wanted to smoke that thing. I got home, got out the ashtray I save for my mother, and I smoked that thing.

I got smoke in my eyes and a scratchy, wooly, burning feeling at the back of my throat, but I smoked it, right down to the filter. No apparent physical affects, so I am still not sure why people do it on a daily basis. Only a strange sense of accomplishment. I have no idea what I accomplished, but there you have it.

1 comment:

lemming said...

I think smoking is one of those addictions you need to tackle on a regular basis for a while before your body begins to crave the chemicals.

Then again, I'm allergic to smoke, so I can't be sure!