Thursday, April 21, 2005

Book Meme

You are stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book would you be?
I must admit I have never read this book, but I know what the title refers too, and I think I know the basic premise based on Lemming's answer.

I thought about this long and hard. I decided to go with Little Women. It is one of my all time favorites. And it has just about everything for everybody. My second choice was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. That is my favorite HP book (thus far), mainly for the development between Harry and his Godfather. I am a sucker for family.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Anne Shirley of Anne of Green Gables. I originally fell in love with her in the Canadian mini-series, but then read several of the books. Windy Poplars is told through letters to Gilbert Blythe, her intended. I would imagine they were written to me at times.

What is the last book you bought?
The Spiderwick Chronicles: The Seeing Stone.
Fun new children's book series. Not quite Lemony Snickett, but fun, and quick reads too!

What are you currently reading?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I am actually only "reading" it for the second time. I have listened to Jim Dale read it on tape two or three times, but I thought I would do the work myself this time.

Also Superfudge. Research believe it or not.

Just finished The Da Vinci Code and 3rd Degree (by James Patterson). Lots of fun.

Five books you would take to a deserted island
I always dread this question. So many to choose from and I have the same Harry Potter problem!
Not considering that and the fact that Lord of the Rings has been published in a single volume...

LOTR Single Volume
Little Women (even if I do have it memorized!)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (or maybe The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul)
HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban
I hate to copy, but I would have to go with Swiss Family Robinson too. I have a very old copy my grandmother gave me. You really can't read it anymore it is so fragile, but methinks I should get a cheap version and revisit the island!

And now I throw this out to Karen, Bob and Natalie. For those not bloggers, you can do your answer via comments to mine I suppose, or maybe an e-mail list? I don't know meme rules ...

1 comment:

lemming said...

Glad you're doing godfather research! :-)