Saturday, May 26, 2007

Band of Brothers still gets me

With summer reruns upon us, I have been burning through my netflix dvds pretty fast. So, to fill time inbetween deliveries, I have turned to my own, neglected library.

I saw Band of Brothers when it was first broadcast in 2001. It just floored me. I received the dvds for Christmas one year, but never watched them. So, I thought, this would be a good time.

I dropped in disc one today. No time to watch, but I thought I would watch the opening credits to get it "set up" for viewing later. I forgot how truly beautiful the music was. I mean, I thought it was great, but I was practically in tears by the end of the credits. And this was just emotional memory of the show. I couldn't really remember specific scenes or performances other than my favorite one revolved around the medic.

If I had to name one program as the best television event ever, BOB would win hands down. I wouldn't have to think about it. It was even better than From the Earth to the Moon.

If you haven't seen it, I urge you to run, not walk, to your nearest store or on-line queue and see this epic work.

That's all.

2 comments:

lemming said...

Tonight's Netflix: Wet Hot American Summer.

Drewster said...

Really?! We should become netflix friends! So how really compatible we are...

I will have to add that to my queue in the meantime