Thursday, February 22, 2007

What the hell, I will blog!

Dear Reader,
So it seems I can never get the hang of this blog thing. It has been almost a month since I tried to say anything. I suppose I put to much importance on what I want to say.

Part of the problem is I think I want to say something deep and purposeful, but then I think, do I want everyone who might be reading this blog to know that? There are some I would love to know that, but others it might be too much. This is because people who read this KNOW who writes this. And for that matter, does anyone really care? Well, yes, people do care, but should I bore the rest of you with the deep renderings of my twisted, dissappointed, confused soul?

In the mean time I just upgraded to the new blogger. I had been resisting. But why? It is not like I used the old one to any degree to make me hang on to it.

On an unrelated note, Burger King keeps playing a commercial on the radio that is making me nuts. A man with a hidden mike goes to Arkansas and asks if he can get a "Mustard Whopper". Not a Whopper with mustard that the young lady is more than happy to make him, but a Mustard Whopper like they make in Texas. Since you can get a Mustard Whopper in Texas and not Arkansas, Texas is somehow better. What the hell? BK is the have it your way place. If you want mustard on your whopper, you should just be able to ask for it. You shouldn't expect that they will have a special whopper with mustard on it?

I wonder what they would do if I went into a Texas BK and ordered a Mustard Whopper with no Mustard. You mean you want a regular whopper sir? No, I want a Mustard Whopper, I just want to have it my way!

2 comments:

Drewster said...

Amen to that brother!

Anonymous said...

Yo, I grew up in Beaumont. Now I live in Houston... And I think the commercial is frickin' FUNNY. Know why? Cause I gotta Texas-sized sense of humor.

I think this is what you meant to say:

"Most every radio-commercial that I hear is sub-par. So when fast food marketing campaigns render bite sized results... I calmly exercise my right to change the channel. And boycott if I must.

Have a niice day.