Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What has happened to Christmas?

I have almost totally lost track of Christmas. It is horrible.

I used to have my tree up by the end of Thanksgiving Weekend, a party, gifts and ornaments bought for various family members wrapped and sent. There was a time when extended family got cookies!

This year, it is the 20th. Still no tree. Last year it went up Christmas Eve and day. This year may be the same. I host Secret Santa, so it has to go up!

No general party in years!

By chance, some gifts and ornaments have gone out in time, but many others have not. I guess I will add a note saying to save for next year. One sister-in-law might leave the tree up for a while, but the another takes it down on the 26th. At least I will see one set of Nieces/Nephews on Christmas Day, so THEY won't be late.

Everything else is just not ready. It's awful! Various relatives still talk about and miss my cookies, but I haven't been able to even think about trying in many years. I just can't get myself organized. It is just ridiculous!

Maybe I should just start planning next Christmas now ...

1 comment:

Hugh said...

Don't worry -- you have the right idea. Christmas tree up after the 4th Sunday of Advent, down after Twelfth Night. I wish everyone would stick to that schedule.