Saturday, July 02, 2005

To sleep, perchance to dream ...

I had a sudden onset of insomnia last night. I woke up about 1:30am and could not get back to sleep. It was terribly frustrating.

To make matters odder, all I could think about was high school. Who were my teachers, where were my lockers, why didn't we hang out in the courtyard off of the band room more in the spring and fall?

After about an hour, I decided to search out my school on the web to see if they had a web site. Sure enough, Mt. Greylock RHS has a site. It did answer some of my questions. I couldn't remember the names of two of my English teachers. Mr. Dodds and Mr. Norton. Every time I tried Dodds, Dailey popped in, and that was Mrs. Dailey my AP US History teacher. For some reason, I though Mr. Norton started with a W. Also, because of a stained glass project, there was a map, and everything was pretty much exactly where I remembered it.

Oddly enough, I knew better about where my junior high lockers were more than senior. 10th, 11th and 12th are a blur. I know one was just outside the cafeteria though. That I do remember.

Before 4am rolled around, I did remember all my teachers but two. Mr. Stovall was either 9th or 10th grade history. Can't remember who the other might have been. In 8th grade, I had one teacher who was homeroom, English and Social Studies. You would think I could remember her name! I do know it wasn't Linda Terrel, one teacher who knew me well from the winter musicals yet never taught me in a class.

1 comment:

lemming said...

I've no clue where your lockers might have been located. Used mine as little as possible.

Stoval taught 9th grade. 10th was Sikorski.

Mystery 8th grade person - Miller, maybe?