Thursday, June 30, 2005

Somewhere in my youth or childhood ...

So, as physical maturity begins to settle in (the only form a maturity one can not resist), I find myself playing RPG games again!

Why such a regression. Well first of all, why not? Second, my good friend the Queen of the Dweebs has become an ultimate Star Wars fan and wanted to take a foray into the RPG world. I don't know how long it will last, but being that all of us playing are experienced theatre people, it should be a blast.

I have created a new blog, Daxter's Datalog to create a chronicle of this experiment. We created characters at our last meeting and this weekend we begin our adventure. Woo-hoo!

RPG holds a special place in my memory. The Queen Mother (no direct relation to dweeb royalty) is my closest and most trusted friend. There was a time in history, not quite 30 years ago, when we were bitter enemies, arch-nemeses, not worth the grubby snow on the bottom of each others goulashes. But theatre and Dungeons and Dragons changed all that. And because of that I have a special relationship with the Queen of Florida. (Who I still owe a fantastic belated birthday present. Where does the time go!)

When you read this, you may think, "Gee, he sure has a lot of Queens in his life!" When I think about it, you have NO idea!

No comments: